Not so commonly called Hydrophilic Mucilloid, psyllium husk has a wide range of beneficial effects on our body and ailments we may be suffering, we will give you the top 5 here.
- Psyllium husk is a bulk forming laxative high in fibre and mucilage which bulks up in water allowing for improved bowel cleansing and function.
- Unlike many other bowel cleansing products Psyllium husk can be used regularly, this is much kinder to the body and eliminates the harsh effects of the “one off” treatments.
- It’s helpful in the following cases: Chronic constipation, diarrhoea, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, bladder problems, high blood pressure just to name a few.
- Reduced absorption of cholesterol into the intestine is also achieved through the use of psyllium husk, this assists in a significant reduction in blood cholesterol helping conditions like hypertension, heart disease etc.
- Weight loss can be enhanced through the use of psyllium husk, combined with a good diet and exercise the results should be improved.
As you can see the benefits of this natural product are incredible especially considering how simple the process is, just like a clean sweep of the inner working of your digestive system. It just goes to show how important our intestinal system is to our overall health and well-being.
Until next time……